Mental Health Services - Mission & Goals Statement
Port Huron Hospital’s purpose to be a leader in healing and your partner in health is incorporated within the Mental Health Services department objectives. These objectives focus on providing a continuum of high quality, comprehensive, and cost-effective services to adult, geriatric, and medical patients with mental illness. A multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals provides the services while respecting the dignity and rights of all patients served. The safety and well being of patients is maintained while encouraging and promoting independence.
Goals of Department
- Provide a broad continuum of services including inpatient care, outpatient counseling, outpatient group psychotherapy, electro-convulsive therapy, and emergency screenings, which are delivered in a manner consistent with the mission of the department.
- Provide physical, psychological, social, and spiritual assessments throughout the treatment process that facilitates person centered planning, individualized treatment, and comprehensive discharge planning.
- Provide an intensive therapeutic milieu, which promotes rapid stabilization of acute crisis, enhanced individual control, and increased ability to live within the community with optimum health.
- Provide short-term treatment modalities that assist the patient and significant others in defining personal needs, strengthening self-esteem, developing coping skills, and assuming personal responsibility for one’s life.
- Provide resource referrals for patients and significant others throughout the treatment process, to ensure access to services that maintain the continuum of comprehensive care.